INTRO TO NSFNET-CERT

Steven J. Richardson sjr at merit.edu
Fri Jul 1 20:55:13 UTC 1994

NSFNET-CERT members:

MESSAGES WILL BE SENT TO SOME SUBLISTS WITH THE SUBJECT "HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE"...

  Please bear with me; it seems that my earlier communication was not as
clear as it could have been.

  WHAT IS THIS LIST ANYWAY?
answer.  For the same reason, setting the "from" field to
nsfnet-cert-request at merit.edu doesn't seem to be as attractive an option
as it would normally be.

  Second, the list on merit.edu is a list of other lists, some of which
are at other sites:

nsfnet-cert:
 BRENDAN at otago.ac.nz,
 ken at VNET.IBM.COM (Ken Paquette),
 n.brownlee at aukuni.ac.nz,
 mhageman at empros.com (Mary Hageman),
 dar at cadcentre.co.uk (D.Ashton-Reader),
 mckee at sunbelt.net (Tim McKee),
 cert at ncar.ucar.edu,			<<  You are probably
 ops at noc.sura.net,			<<  on one of these lists
 nsfnet-cert-ml at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu,	<<  if the list name
 nwnet-cert at nwnet.net,			<<  doesn't seem familiar.
 nsfnet-cert at spot.colorado.edu,		<<  These lists are
 nsfnet-cert at rice.edu,			<<  NOT located on merit.edu
 cert at cic.net,				<<  so I can't take you off.
 merit-cert,		# some local Merit people
 regional-techs,	# Regional/Midlevel Technicians
 ntc,			# NSFNET technical committee
 nsfnet-mgmt		# NSFNET managers; NSF-types, etc.

  If you are a "regional tech" (a technical person who works in one of
the adjacent ASs of AS 690, the NSFNET/ANSnet backbone), then you
probably understand that this list could be useful.

  If you are not, then you are probably on one of the exploders
indicated by the "<<" in the above listing.

  NOTE:  I cannot take you off of the lists indicated by "<<" above.

  Thanks,

  Steve Richardson/Merit