AS 690 interim solution

epg at merit.edu epg at merit.edu
Tue Feb 15 21:39:48 UTC 1994

During the configuration window this morning, we configured
AS 690 to accept default from AS 1133.  Since we are in the
process of deploying gated with BGP4 capability, we felt
that pointing default to a BGP4 AS would provide for continuity
of connectivity as ASs start aggregating. Well, we discovered
that default was being propogated to other peers by AS 690 so
we stopped announcing default from AS 1133.

This evening we will modify the gated config files on AS 690 ENSSs
so that default is not propogated, and will again accept default
from AS 1133.  Hope this information will help you all with your
BGP4 deployment plans.
          --Elise