CIDR testing

Petri Ojala ojala at EU.net
Mon Apr 18 15:49:08 UTC 1994

 > Meaning there is no reason whatsoever to not advertize big blocks and
 > remove the explicit ones. Since SURFnet withdrew all explicit routes
 > possible and started announcing as big blocks as possible (i.e including
 > black holes) we did not get any complaint. So: DO IT NOW!

I back this up with EUnet's favourite slogan, "it works for EUnet, just do it!"

EUnet has been announcing several /16 or other aggregates for sometime now
and there hasn't been a single complaint, and yet we are talking about several
hundreds of networks and practically the commercial internet in a few
European countries.

Petri