20402 routing entries

Daniel Karrenberg Daniel.Karrenberg at ripe.net
Sat Apr 16 12:41:11 UTC 1994

Peter & Yakov,

the only carrot/stick combination that is going to work
is to charge for announcements - period.

Make a charging scheme that punishes

many small announcements

out-of provider block announcements

Convince the big transit providers to implement it and it
will percolate downwards.  This has some problems too but
is the only carrot/stick combination that will work better
than just convincing people to be good citizens.

Daniel
Speaking for myself only