your mail

Peter S. Ford peter at goshawk.lanl.gov
Fri Apr 15 19:05:13 UTC 1994

>>>  - do away with the PRDB / NACR's.

I would not want to see these go away, rather they should and need to
be reshaped. NSFNET policy was hardly the sole reason for setting NACRs
up in the first place.  An important goal was to establish sound
routing in the NSFNET and for the networks attached to the NSFNET.

By recasting the process to reflect the global and multi-provider
nature of the Internet into "routing registries" the sound routing goal
can be met in a distributed manner.  My understanding is that this is
already in progress due to the efforts of Merit, RIPE and the APNIC.

peter