722 Nets, 23 ASs, 98 Aggregates

yakov at watson.ibm.com yakov at watson.ibm.com
Thu Apr 14 16:19:15 UTC 1994

Ref:  Your note of Thu, 14 Apr 1994 11:50:18 -0400

Marty,

>The way I read your message is that all new network numbers should
>be CIDRized

You misread my message (but this is probably my fault as well, since I
wasn't clear enough). So, let me try again. What I suggested is that if
a site has a contiguous block of network numbers (such that this block
could be reduced to a small number of IP address prefixes), then this
site should be announced to the Internet as just the prefixes, rather
than a set of individual network numbers.

Yakov.