innocent remark

Paul Traina pst at shockwave.com
Wed Apr 27 23:41:01 UTC 1994

  From: bmanning at is.rice.edu (William Manning)
  Subject: innocent remark

  >From another list...

  given that a BSD/386 or NetBSD system can be put together quite cheaply and
  does a fine job at handling PPP and SLIP and multiple ethernets, this seems
  like a fine alternative to dedicated routers like Cisco for T1/E1-speed
  internet gateways.  especially considering the power of GateD 3.5, and that
  a 16MB cisco can't handle a "full internet route table" while a 16MB i486
  machine can do it easily.

  Comments from the gated crowd?  The cisco crowd?

Go for it, have a party.  I've got 2 BSD boxes myself, and I prefer them
over clunky cisco routers.  Besides,  have you ever been able to play
DOOM on an AGS?

  --
  Regards,
  Bill Manning