BGP4 software info

Jessica Yu jyy at merit.edu
Tue Apr 26 19:13:25 UTC 1994

Hi,

I received 17 responses since I sent my message yesterday.  Thanks to those who
responded quickly and provide the information.

Below is a summary of the responses.  It shows the kind of software version people
are using on the hardware platform they have and the network protocols they are
supporting.  Hope this gives those who are planning on or in the process of
deploying BGP4 some idea of what software version to use.

								--Jessica

Vendor		Platform	Software Version	Prots in addition to IP
======		========	================	=======================
1.Cisco		AGS+		10.0(0.11)
2.Cisco		AGS+,3000	10.0			CLNP,DECNet
3.3Com		NETBuilder II   SW/NBII-HS, 6.2.2
4.Cisco		AGS+		10.0(4879)
5.Cisco		4000		10.0(0.14)
6.Cisco		AGS+		9.21+BGP4(2.2)
7.Cisco		AGS+		10.0(0.5)
8.Cisco		4000		9.21(5192)
9.Cisco		AGS+		9.21+bgp4(2.5)
10.Cisco	AGS+		9.21(5362)
11.Telebit	RC5000		SWIP version 4.2
   Communications
12.Cisco	CGS,AGS,AGS+,4000,7000	10.0(0.14) 	CLNP
13.Cisco	4000		9.21+BGP4(2.1)
   Cisco 	AGS+		10.0(4879)
14.Cisco	AGS+,7000	9.21+BGP4(2.2)
15.DEC		DS5000/200	Ultrix 4.2, & Cornell gated R3.5A3
16.Cisco	AGS+,3000,7000	9.21+BGP4(2.2)
17.Cisco	AGS+,7000	10(0.14)

Other information: one has to have at least 16MB momery in order to load BGP4
		   software on cisco routers.

Also, see Paul's notes on version selection on cisco routers.