20402 routing entries

Jon 'Iain' Boone boone at prep.net
Thu Apr 21 15:33:56 UTC 1994

You mean assert network numbers like Appletalk allows for?!?

On Fri, 15 Apr 1994, Walt Haas wrote:

> However, if we could develop a technology which could make renumbering
> of a network (ie. a company, university or similar-sized unit) fast and
> efficient, this premise would break down and it would no longer be unreasonable
> to consider renumbering the organization when switching providers.
>
> Suppose, for example that Domain Names were sacred but a daemon could
> somehow touch every machine in a certain domain simultaneously and give
> it a new number, while simultaneously updating the routing tables that
> pointed into that domain?
>
> No, I don't have an RFC written, sorry, it's just an idea.

/*  Jon 'Iain' Boone  Production Engineer  boone at prep.net  */
/*  (412) 268-7874    PREPnet              iain+ at cmu.edu   */
/* The opinions expressed above are just that: opinions.   */
/* They belong to me and me alone.                         */