strawman for discussion in Ann Arbor

Hans-Werner Braun hwb at upeksa.sdsc.edu
Sat Oct 2 15:30:14 UTC 1993

>In general the idea is good.
>
>Within Ripe a new working group called the "EEPG" was started at the
>last Ripe meeting, and this group has a very simular agenda.
>
>Chairman is Bernhard Stockman.
>
>To Peter F's proposal I have a comment;
>
>>  		Interexchange coordination (e.g. Mae-East, etc.)
>>  			(network operators as customers of NSFNET NAPs)
>
>As the 'GIX-part' of MAE-east servers the Universe, not only one part
>of the global Internet, I would stress that is one of the tasks of the
>IEPG, if we all agree on that the IEPG is the place where the regional
>coordinating bodys meet.

Peter (L.):

I don't believe that you would get any disagreement here. As you well
know (you were there), the IEPG has also decided to broaden its scope
to a more comprehensive Internet picture, all service providers, and
so, while likely encouraging regionalization into focus groups for
specific areas (like EEPG, whatever_PFord_called_the_US_group_this_time,
perhaps some pacific area equivalent, and so). On more complex issue
of matters that have to be discussed at multiple levels (like the GIX
concept), components likely belong on the plate of multiple groups.

Hans-Werner