whois kludge.. (fwd)

epg epg
Mon Nov 29 16:15:41 UTC 1993

Bill's question, "Are each of the regionals who get a CIDR block
encouraged to either report back assignments..." is one that is
raised every so often.  Yes, regionals who get CIDR blocks
are encouraged/expected to report reassignments of the block
to the InterNic.  This is one of the fundamental tenants of the
distributed allocation procedure.

Is there some confusion about registering reassignments of allocations
with the InterNic?
        --Elise