Supernet block sizes - recommendations?

Vikas Aggarwal aggarwal at nisc.jvnc.net
Thu May 13 12:33:01 UTC 1993

>  peter at goshawk.lanl.gov writes:
>  *
>  * Bill,
>  *
>  * You should probably forward  your suggestion for encouraging people to get
>  * their addresses from CIDR blocks to the NIC and to the IANA.
>
> these over at once. If registries get requests for large amounts of address
> space (typically 256 Class Cs or more) they usually send the customer
> directly to us, or we provide an extra block to the registry to fulfill the

Same here. For large chunks of class C's, we send the end site directly
to the NIC.

Its just hard convincing the end sites the 'merits' of a chunk of class
C addresses for them-- too many are just too caught up in the 'prestige'
involved in getting a class B network... if only someone could tell all
those 'consultants' advising these end sites to get class B's... ;-)

	-vikas
	vikas at jvnc.net