Supernet block sizes - recommendations?

William Manning bmanning at is.rice.edu
Wed May 12 23:28:25 UTC 1993

I just had one of our customers turn in two class B addresses in exchange
for 130 C's.  I'll make the trade,because it allows me to chunk the whole
CIDR block as a single entry, instead of two disconnected B's.

	Two observations:

	1. The NIC ought to take a stonger position to refer requests
	   to folks with allocated CIDR blocks.  I have had four sites
	   turn in individual C's for numbers from our block.
	2. Once folks know this is possible, and works well, these numbers
	   vanish.  Perhaps this is only because we are working with
	   state agencies who are building internal networks.

--
Regards,
Bill Manning         bmanning at rice.edu        PO Box 1892