Accepting NACRS for Russian Nets

Elise Gerich epg
Tue Dec 14 14:00:48 UTC 1993

We are happy to announce that there are no longer restrictions
concerning acceptance of networks from the former Soviet Union
on the NSFNET backbone service.

The National Science Foundation has notified us that netowrks
from former Soviet Union republics that meet the criteria of the
National Science Foundation Network my be added to the routing
tables. If you would like to announce Russian networks or networks
from other former Soviet Union republics to the NSFNET backbone
service, please submit a NACR with the text indicating that the
traffic from these networks conform to the NSF's AUP and they will
be added to the NSFNET's routing tables during the next configuration
window.
       --Elise