Phase 5 Status

Ittai Hershman ittai at ans.net
Sat Dec 4 14:38:14 UTC 1993

This morning, we successfully completed the fourth of the six steps
that comprise the Phase 5 ANSNet deployment.  I am pleased to report
that we now have 10 backbone links and 13 customer attachments running
at full T3:

	Seattle - Denver Backbone Link
	Seattle - San Francisco Backbone Link
	San Francisco - Chicago Backbone Link
	San Francisco - Los Angeles Backbone Link
	Los-Angeles - Albuquerque Backbone Link
	Albuquerque - Houston Backbone Link
     *	Houston - Atlanta Backbone Link
     *	Atlanta - Greensboro Backbone Link
     *	Houston - St. Louis Backbone Link
     *	St. Louis - Chicago Backbone Link
	ENSS128 at Palo Alto (BARRnet, Stanford University)
     *	ENSS129 at Champaign (UIUC, CICnet)
	ENSS130 at Argonne (Argonne National Lab, CICNet)
	ENSS135 at San Diego (CERFnet, SDSC, etc.)
     *	ENSS138 at Atlanta (Georgia Tech, SURAnet)
	ENSS139 at Houston (Sesquinet, Rice University)
     *	ENSS140 at Lincoln (MIDnet, Westnet, etc.)
	ENSS141 at Boulder (Westnet, NCAR, U of Colorado, etc.)
	ENSS142 at Salt Lake City (WestNet, U of Utah, etc.)
	ENSS143 at Seattle (NorthWestNet, U of Washington, etc.)
	ENSS144 at Moffett Field (FIX-West)
	ENSS172 at Albuquerque (Phillips Laboratory)
	ENSS179 at Albuquerque (Sandia National Labs)

Additionally, ENSS200 provided full T3 connectivity to the RSNA show
in Chicago this past week.

The remaining steps are scheduled for December 1th and 18th, at which
point the Phase 5 Upgrade will have been completed.

5    12/11/93  E131  Cleveland  Ann Arbor ENSS and Cleveland POP
               E132  Cleveland  Pittsburgh ENSS and Cleveland POP
               E137  New York   Princeton ENSS and New York POP
               ----  Chicago    3rd visit for Chicago-Cleveland link upgrade
               ----  Denver     2nd visit for Denver-St. Louis link upgrade
               ----  St. Louis  2nd visit for Denver-St. Louis link upgrade

6    12/18/93  E133  Hartford   Ithaca ENSS and Hartford POP
               E134  Hartford   Boston ENSS and Hartford POP
               E136  Wash D.C.  College Park ENSS and Wash D.C. POP
               E145  Wash D.C.  FIX-East ENSS and Wash D.C. POP
               E146  Wash D.C.  DARPA ENSS and Wash D.C. POP
               ----  Cleveland  2nd visit for Cleveland-Hartford link upgrade
               ----  Greensboro 2nd visit for Greensboro-D.C. link upgrade
               ----  New York   2nd visit for NY-Hartford link upgrade
                                  and for NY-D.C. link upgrade