Free Clients

Steven J. Richardson sjr
Tue Apr 13 20:49:02 UTC 1993

Dear Regional Technicians:

  At IETF, I made a brief presentation about some clients which query
the Merit's new NSFNET/ANSnet Policy-Based Routing Database (PRDB).
They allow one to query the PRDB using net IP, AS number,
regional/midlevel gate IP, or NSS number, and to obtain routing
information in various formats.

  The main client is "prdbshow", and there are several one-line scripts
which are essentially 'aliases' for specific queries; these are packaged
with a manpage and available via anonymous FTP from merit.edu as:

	/pub/src/prdbshow.tar.Z

  Please try it out and let me know how you like it.

  Thanks,

  Steven J. Richardson/Merit Network, Inc.