Washington, DC prototype NAP

Rick Adams rick at uunet.uu.net
Wed Oct 21 19:47:48 UTC 1992

NO one is expecting ESnet to pay for anything. nor even be involved.

We are replacing an existing ethernet connector with a different ethernet
connector. Ethernet's have been out of the prototype stage for a long time.

The cost sharing reflects Suranet's rumblings about starting to charge
"cost sharing" for connecting to the NSS.

If you were really concerned about Fix-East, you would put a large
amount of effort into splitting it into several physical ethernets.
It is grossly overloaded and should have been "fixed" a long time ago.

I'll ignore the issue of prototype routers (a.k.a. NSS and ENSS) being
attached to FixEast for a long time.

As for FEPG, its not clear why they would be involved at all