ANS to CIX Interconnection

mak mak
Thu Oct 1 02:18:03 UTC 1992

> From:    rick at uunet.uu.net (Rick Adams)
> To:      mak at merit.edu
> CC:      rick at uunet.UU.NET, regional-techs at merit.edu

> Neither I nor my attorneys are aware of any such law.
>
> Please quote the specific law or retract your claim.
>
> We bothered to reseach the issue. Did you?

Rick,
  We are looking into it, but feel that we need explicit confirmation
by an attorney or government official before we can allow this traffic.
NSF has explicitly instructed us not to allow traffic between some
xSU countries and federally-sponsored networks. Other types of networks
may actually be allowed as you say but we are taking the conservative
approach.
	Mark