RS/960 upgrade ... status report

mak mak
Fri May 1 04:30:06 UTC 1992

Bill,
  I agree, and we have debated both whether our recovery from
this is correct according to the spec, and (more importantly in
my view) whether the spec is reasonable in this case. I believe
the BGP RFC says that it is ok to close the connection, but
I would prefer that it just log this problem and pretend that
it did not hear this bogus route. That way the NOC and site
people can take a look at the problem after the fact when
it is noticed that packets are not getting to or from
a particular net, but they will not be forced to look at
the problem right away with the whole AS being disconnected.
We are working on this and will eventually have some
modifications to rcp_routed to deploy.
	Mark