June Backbone Engineering Report

henryc at oar.net henryc at oar.net
Wed Jul 15 10:39:20 UTC 1992

>SNMP Daemon Changes
>===================
>
>	A new version of the SNMP daemon for the T3 network was
>installed on June 26. This version supports MIB-II variables for the
>T/960 ethernet cards (ifInUcastPkts, ifOutUcastPkts, and ifInErrors),
>and also includes enhanced configuration support for monitoring T3
>DSUs.

Does this go any further to solve the problem with the cards not
reporting those counters correctly?  This was due to the fact the
cards are switching packets and not reporting that fact to the cpu,
which keeps the counters (I think that's a accurate summary of what
I was told a bit ago).

Thanks,
Henry