ANS Connectivity Agreement

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.com
Fri Jan 10 05:04:46 UTC 1992

   Date: Thu, 09 Jan 92 15:33:13 EST
   From: "Manavendra K. Thakur" <thakur at zerkalo.harvard.edu>

   Given that ANS plans to actively compete with NEARnet and other
   regionals for the same end customers, how long will ANS and NEARnet
   (in this specific example) be able to maintain an amicable business
   relationship?  Makes you think, doesn't it?

ANS's sales person for the Bay Area joined the BARRnet staff for lunch
some time back.  As he gave his pitch about working WITH BARRnet to
develop the market.  We pressed and he admitted that they would be
seeking to woo the same potential client base.  I then asked
point-blank what they were going to do to help BARRnet preserve and
grow its membership in light of his admission.  He hemmed, hawed, and
finally admitted that they would not make any effort to help preserve
BARRnet.  Quite frankly, it leaves absolutely NO question in my mind
where ANS stands with regard to BARRnet (and I can probably
extrapolate this to the other regional service providers).

Oh, by the way, for those of you who haven't heard, BARRnet has
applied for membership with the CIX.

Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN                                     Lloyd & Associates
Principal and Network Architect                         3420 Sudbury Road
brian at lloyd.com                                         Cameron Park, CA 95682
voice (916) 676-1147 -or- (415) 725-1392