[NANOG-announce] “Exploring the Internet History of North Carolina,” Hackathon, Sneak Preview of N90 + More

Nanog News news at nanog.org
Thu Jan 18 21:08:18 UTC 2024

*“Exploring the Internet History of North Carolina”*
*Keynote Investigates Tech Legacy of N90 Meeting Location*

One of the two NANOG 90 Keynote speakers, Mark Johnson, will present
Exploring the Internet History of North Carolina at NANOG's 90th
community-wide meeting in Charlotte, NC, 12 – 14 Feb.

"It's always good to have a strong sense of where you came from to move
forward," Johnson said about his talk. "This is a unique community I
probably can't over-geek out on. You must often dumb things down for more
general audiences, but this is a technologically knowledgeable crowd, so
that'll add some fun to it," he continued.

*READ MORE *
<https://nanog.org/stories/articles/exploring-the-internet-history-of-north-carolina/>

*Register Now for N90 Hackathon!*
*Network, Learn Hands-On, + Have Fun!*

*Theme: *New Year - New Hack Format!

The NANOG 90 Hackathon will focus on "Problem Solving/Troubleshooting"
competitions. During this Hackathon, teams will collaborate to solve the
posed problems.

Scoring will be based on network reachability and how fast participants
solve the problems. Prizes will be provided to the top finishers!

*REGISTER NOW* <https://nanog.org/events/nanog-90-hackathon/>

*Sneak Preview of NANOG 90!*
****Please note - standard registration rates will end on 21, January.*

+ Automating Internet2's Nationwide Network with Cisco NSO
+ Measuring RPKI ROV deployment and edge cases
+ BGP in 2023
+ AI Data Center networks
+ Using NetFlow to fight DDoS at the source
+ Much, much more!

*MORE INFO * <https://nanog.org/events/nanog-90/>

*Sponsorships Still Available for N90!*
*Invest in the Community We Have Built!*

Building the Internet of Tomorrow takes a village. Our sponsors make these
meetings possible, and we appreciate their support. Get your company logo
in front of your target audience and become a difference-maker today!

Email swinstead at nanog.org for more information.

*Deadline Approaching for Peering Forum*
*90-Minute Session, to be Held on 12-Feb During NANOG 90 Conference*

Meet and network with others in the peering community! Applications will
remain open until 15 applications are received or 2-Feb-2024, whichever is
first.

*MORE INFO * <https://nanog.org/events/nanog-90/peering/>