[NANOG-announce] NANOG 85 Kicks Off Monday! Learn More

Nanog News news at nanog.org
Thu Jun 2 19:28:43 UTC 2022

*Keynote: LaPerrière Takes the Stage Tuesday*
*"Building Internet Remotely During a Pandemic"*

*Talk Title:* Building Internet Remotely During a Pandemic: Google’s
Network Investments in Africa + the Equiano Subsea Cable.

at Google, and will speak on developing the Internet and building a
submarine cable during a pandemic.

*VIEW AGENDA * <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-85/nanog-85-agenda/>

*Ombuds Reflect our Commitment to Diversity + Inclusion*
*NANOG Ombuds Discuss Building a Culture of Inclusion*

When asked about the unique line of work, Armstrong usually said
organizations hire them "to put out the fires," but they take this one step
further. The team provides an insightful, in-depth look at HR problems to
resolve the root of the issue and, therefore, "avoid future fires."

*READ MORE * <https://www.nanog.org/stories/meet-the-new-nanog-ombudsmen/>

*Community Meeting to Take Place Wednesday*

Don’t miss our NANOG 85 Community Meeting for an opportunity to hear about
what is happening with NANOG and the Program Committee.

Stream live or watch in person during our NANOG 85 meeting. See agenda for
location and time.

*NANOG 85 Kicks Off Monday*
*Virtual Attendees: Registration is Still Open! *

Not able to make it to Montréal but still want to join in on all the
action? Virtual attendees can chat with others or submit a question for Q+A
in real-time!

*Talks Not to Miss: *
- Global NOG Alliance Task Force:
  Keep Ukraine Connected
- Panel: World IPv6 Reunion Tour 2022
- Panel: An overview of EU and African NOGS
- The Anatomy of the Most Challenging Network
   Engineering Interview Question
- Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of World IPv6 Launch

*REGISTER NOW* <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-85/registration/>