[NANOG-announce] N84 Sneak Peek + Austin Things To Do + Hackathon Registration

Nanog News news at nanog.org
Wed Jan 19 23:08:05 UTC 2022

*NANOG 84 Sneak Peek *
*Get a Preview of our Upcoming Programming *

>From Feb. 14th - 16th, many of the brightest minds in North American
network engineering, operations, and architecture will gather in Austin,
Texas for our next community-wide gathering.

Register now for hours of general sessions, tutorials, keynotes, BoFs, a
Hackathon +  social events. NANOG conferences are all about education and
community.

*Topics include but are not limited to:*

   -  Richard Steenbergen returns to NANOG with an updated "Everything you
   always wanted to know about optical"
   -  RPKI will be discussed from three different viewpoints (policy,
   adoption, deployment)
   - Geoff Huston will talk about DNS "Openness"
   - Keynote Speaker Radia Perlman will address, "How Bad Industry
   Decisions Led to Good Technology Development"
   - New to NANOG speaker Kyle Lyke will talk about the "Effects of
   Electromagnetic Energy on Electronics"

*Also, don't miss our hybrid expo. There will be numerous opportunities to
connect with our community in real-time (online + person). *

*REGISTER NOW * <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-84/>

*Things To Do + See in Austin*
Time to chase those winter blues away with some boot-scootin' boogie!
Known as a destination for delicious food, great live music, and a lovable
general weirdness - Austin is sure to have something for everyone!

In the moments of R + R, NANOG has collected a list of things to do and see
in this iconic location.

*READ NOW * <https://www.nanog.org/stories/10-austin-things-to-do-see/>

NANOG 84 Hackathon Registration Open
*Dates/Times:*
Friday, February 4, 2022 - Intro/Tutorial/Team Formation
Saturday + Sunday, February 12-13, 2022 - Hacking

*Format:* In-person/Virtual
*Theme:* Giving Back to Open Source

During this Hackathon, we’ve invited the maintainers of several open-source
projects to propose fixes and features for those products that we’ll invite
teams to work on. Project maintainers will provide problem statements and
objectives, and work with teams collaboratively to help teams understand
the respective code bases and help troubleshoot issues.

*REGISTER NOW * <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-84-hackathon/>