[NANOG-announce] NANOG 83 Sneak Peak + Safety Concerns

Nanog News news at nanog.org
Wed Oct 6 19:11:44 UTC 2021

Sneak Peak of NANOG 83Register Now for Incredible Programming, Network
Opportunities + More

*The anticipation is killing us!* We are only three short weeks away from
our next meeting and we cannot wait to see you! NANOG 83 will take place
online + in person in Minneapolis, MN, from Nov. 1 - 3.

*Topics to be featured:*

   - Famous Internet Outages Panel
   - Security
   - IPv6
   - Automation
   - Networking Sessions
   - Newcomers on Monday
   - Women in Tech on Tuesday
   - Community Meeting
   - Board Candidate Session

*Be sure not to miss* the NANOG Board of Directors candidate session on
Monday, 11/1. NANOG 83 Keynotes, given by Bert Hubert on Tuesday, 11/2, and
John Brzozowski on Wednesday, 11/3. We’ll also hold the NANOG Community
Meeting on Wednesday, 11/3 (all are welcome!), and the NANOG Members
Meeting on Tuesday, 11/02. If this is your first NANOG conference, we
encourage you to attend the Newcomers Networking Session on Monday.

*Also, don't miss our hybrid expo.* Daily games + prizes, and numerous
opportunities to connect with our community in real-time (online +
in-person).

*REGISTER NOW  <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-83/>*
*NANOG 83 Safety + Travel Concerns*
Addressing the COVID Elephant

We understand the changing course of the pandemic may concern the NANOG
community about traveling to NANOG 83 this fall.

Your health and safety are very important to us and we are continuing to
monitor the latest federal, state, and local government guidelines and
restrictions. Check out our Meeting Guidelines to learn more about the
precautions we are taking.

*MEETING GUIDELINES  <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-83/safety-travel/>*
*Register Now for Hackathon*
Fun Way to Network + Explore Passion

*NANOG 83 Hackathon Details*
Fri. Oct. 22 - intro/tutorial/team formation
Sat. + Sun. Oct. 30, 31 - hacking

*Enjoy in-Person + virtual: *NANOG Hackathons are hands-on, and educational
at their core — directly supporting the most critical aspects of our
mission. All levels are welcome to participate, and as always, registration
is free.

So, what is it actually like to participate? Q + A with a NANOG Hackathon
<https://www.nanog.org/stories/so-what-is-it-actually-like-to-participate-in-a-hackathon/>
alumni.
<https://www.nanog.org/stories/so-what-is-it-actually-like-to-participate-in-a-hackathon/>

*REGISTER NOW * <https://www.nanog.org/events/n83-hackathon/>