[NANOG-announce] Expanding Internet access in Kenya: A conversation with Cynthia Muchiru

NANOG News news at nanog.org
Mon Mar 1 18:27:24 UTC 2021

“I would not be where I am today, were it not for the various mentors I’ve
met along the way.”

Cynthia Muchiru is one of those people whose energy and enthusiasm for
their work is evident from the moment you meet them. As soon as we became
acquainted with her at NANOG 80 Virtual, we knew we’d just encountered a
rising star in the industry.

A recent grad who studied Computer Networks at Strathmore University in
Nairobi, Cynthia is passionate about digital literacy, mentoring girls in
tech, and leveraging her role as a Network Operations Center Engineer at
Mawingu Networks to help provide greater access to the Internet throughout
Kenya. We spoke with Cynthia recently about her experience as a woman in
tech, the mentors who helped her get to where she is today, and what
community means to her — both personally and professionally.

Read the Feature <https://www.nanog.org/stories/expanding-internet-kenya/>