[NANOG-announce] What's Your Story? Pitch Us Your NANOG Story + More

Nanog News news at nanog.org
Wed Jul 14 19:59:27 UTC 2021

*WATCH NOW: NANOG U WEBINAR*
State of Routing and RPKI Introduction

*Our May 20 NANOG U Webinar featured Melchior Aelmans, Consulting Engineer
at Juniper Networks, with a talk on State of Routing Security and RPKI
Introduction.*

*Agenda:* Join Melchior Aelmans, Consulting Engineer at Juniper Networks,
as he explores State of Routing Security and RPKI Introduction.

   - Current state of BGP Routing Security
   - What it does and where it fails
   - Introduce RPKI Origin Validation
   - Touch on what is after Origin Validation

*Speaker: *Melchior Aelmans, Consulting Engineer at Juniper Networks

Melchior is a Consulting Engineer at Juniper Networks, where he has been
working with many operators on the design and evolution of their networks.
He has over 15 years of experience in various operations and engineering
positions with Cloud Providers, Data Centers and Service Providers.
Melchior enjoys evangelizing and discussing routing protocols, routing
security, internet routing and peering and datacenter architectures. He
also participates in IETF and RIPE, is a regular attendee and presenter at
conferences and meetings, is a member of the NANOG Program Committee and is
a board member at the NLNOG foundation.

State of Routing Security and RPKI Introduction (pdf)
<https://nanog.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4d708401d0e69d9dc73d1c204&id=aebe03ced7&e=db9654bbbb>

*WATCH NOW
<https://www.nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/nanog-u/webinar-state-of-routing-security/>*

*Pitch Us our Next NANOG Story*We want to tell the stories that represent
our diverse community and represent our core values:* to empower, be
inviting and innovative.*

Do you have a story that reflects our mission t*o help build the internet
of tomorrow *and creates a more collaborative, inspiring and cutting-edge
resource for our current and future NOGs?

If so, please fill out and submit the attached form and help us share the
voice of NANOG. *Please include as many names and facts as you can*

*SUBMIT STORY  <https://www.nanog.org/news-stories/story-suggestions/>*
*Share NANOG News**We can’t grow without you… *share the latest NANOG news
with your colleagues!

Our success has always depended on the collective expertise of its
community members to help direct and shape the organization’s future,
through idea sharing, problem solving, and collaboration.

*NANOG’s mailing list* offers a forum to stay connected all year long, with
topics ranging from broad-based engineering challenges + solutions, to
routing, outages, performance measurement, evolving wide-area technologies,
exchange points, traffic engineering, operational experience, ISP security,
and trouble ticket systems.

Sign up to receive individual copies of each message posted to the list, or
choose the digest option to receive messages batched into a single message.
All mailing-list users must first agree to NANOG’s Usage Guidelines
<https://nanog.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4d708401d0e69d9dc73d1c204&id=8d18a7acf6&e=db9654bbbb>
.

*NANOG Announcements*

Keep up with our innovative community, via access to NANOG news, upcoming
event information, member features, and stories.

*Mailing-list Archives*

Access valuable information shared via NANOG mail-list threads over the
past 30+ years.