[NANOG-announce] Explore the best of NANOG 81 Virtual!

NANOG News news at nanog.org
Wed Feb 24 16:31:40 UTC 2021

The conference may be over, but the hours of archived talks, keynotes, and
panel discussions are just waiting to be explored! We've gathered up all
the very best, just for you. Scroll on to learn more!

Details for NANOG 82 — June 14-16, 2021 — are forthcoming. Stay tuned for
more information!

View Agenda <https://nanog.org/meetings/nanog-81/agenda/>
View Attendees <https://nanog.org/meetings/nanog-81/registered-attendees/>

*Virtual Webcast*
Whether virtual or IRL, we live-stream every conference so you can return
to any recorded presentation you’d like at any time — from a panel on RIRs
featuring representatives from AFRINIC, APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC, and RIPE NCC,
to talks and keynotes on ROA deployments, automation, security, and a brief
history of router architecture.

You'll find a curated selection of NANOG 81 videos on NANOG TV + the full
webcast on our YouTube channel, with hours of insights from some of the
brightest minds in network engineering, operations, and architecture.

Watch Webcast
<https://www.nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/nanog-81-webcast/>

*Keynotes*
“Donuts make lousy routers.” Toni Li, Arista Networks

Didn't get to tune in to Tony Li's and Jennifer Rexford's keynotes? Be sure
to check them out on NANOG TV!

Tony's keynote, "A Brief History of Router Architecture" covered the
earliest days of bus-based systems to today's multi-chassis monstrosities.
In Jennifer's keynote "Securing Internet Applications from Routing
Attacks," she discussed application-specific routing attacks, and why both
application-layer and network-layer defenses are essential.

Watch Keynotes <https://www.nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/keynotes/>

*Community Meeting *
NANOG's success depends on the collective expertise of its dynamic
community! Miss out on the NANOG 81 Virtual Community Meeting? Watch the
recording to hear more from Executive Director Edward McNair, and NANOG
Program Committee members Steve Feldman and Elizabeth Culley.

Watch Now <https://www.nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/nanog-81-webcast/>

*Call for Presentations*
Share your insights at a future NANOG meeting, with a presentation that
brings your research + ideas to life. The NANOG PC accepts proposals on a
rolling basis, and would love to see yours!

Learn More <https://www.nanog.org/participate/call-presentations/>

*Our community is the best! *
The NANOG Staff, Board of Directors, and Program Committee would like to
thank each and every attendee + sponsor + exhibitor
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-81/our-sponsors/> for making NANOG 81
an amazing experience — your continued support means everything to us!

*There's still time to register for our next webinar!*
Join us this Friday, Feb 26 (11am PST / 2pm EST) for "BGP Fundamentals"
featuring Aaron Atac of Subspace.

In this webinar, Aaron will cover the fundamentals of the Border Gateway
Protocol (BGP) as well as service-provider operational insights and
challenges not necessarily highlighted in textbooks.

We'd love to see you there!

Learn More <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/webinar-bgp-fundamentals/>