[NANOG-announce] Updates Regarding COVID-19 and NANOG 79

NANOG Marketing marketing at nanog.org
Wed Mar 25 22:47:51 UTC 2020

The health and safety of the NANOG community is our top priority. The NANOG
Board of Directors and Staff continue to assess preventative measures
concerning COVID-19, and if necessary, will take appropriate action to
reduce transmission of the virus.

Based on the CDC’s recommendations to cancel or postpone events that
consist of 50 people or more, we canceled the NANOG Connect event,
previously scheduled for March 27 in St. Louis. We have also tasked the
NANOG Program Committee (PC) with exploring the option of enhancing our
platform to allow for remote participation at NANOG 79, and future
meetings, in addition to in-person attendance. The PC will communicate more
details about this option as we draw closer to NANOG 79.

Registration to attend NANOG 79 (June 1-3, in Boston) remains open
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-79/nanog-79-registration/>, and
early-bird registration has been extended to May 1, 2020. We encourage the
community to continue submitting talk proposals
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-79/submit-presentation/> for NANOG
79, and all future meetings. As NANOG 79 draws closer, we will keep the
community informed with further details. Our next update will be on April
15.

To learn more about COVID-19, we suggest consulting the following
authoritative sources in NANOG's service region: the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html>, the World
Health Organization
<https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019>, and Harvard
Medical School
<https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-resource-center>,
which include common-sense advice on prevention and treatment.

Please contact us with any additional questions or concerns at any time:
nanog-support at nanog.org

Sincerely,

The NANOG Board of Directors and Staff