[NANOG-announce] Statement Regarding the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak and NANOG 79

NANOG Marketing marketing at nanog.org
Fri Mar 13 15:42:02 UTC 2020

The NANOG Board of Directors and Staff are closely monitoring the latest
reports and recommendations about COVID-19, and how this may impact NANOG 79
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-79/> in Boston, in June. The health
and safety of the NANOG community is our top priority. As a result, we have
cancelled the NANOG Connect event, which was previously scheduled for March
27 in St. Louis.

As the situation in North America and the rest of the world further
develops, we will continue to assess preventative measures, and if
necessary, take appropriate action to reduce transmission of the virus. As
NANOG 79 draws closer, we will continue to keep the community informed with
further details. The next update will be on March 25.

Registration for NANOG 79 remains open, and the March 30 early-bird
registration discount will be extended. We encourage the community to continue
submitting <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-79/submit-presentation/>
talk proposals for NANOG 79, and all future meetings.

To learn more about COVID-19, we suggest consulting the following
authoritative sources in NANOG's service region: Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html>, the World
Health Organization
<https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019>, and Harvard
Medical School
<https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-resource-center>,
which include common-sense advice on prevention and treatment.

Please contact us <nanog-support at nanog.org> with any additional questions
or concerns, at any time.

Sincerely,

The NANOG Board of Directors and Staff