[NANOG-announce] Coronavirus Statement

NANOG Marketing marketing at nanog.org
Thu Mar 5 23:28:38 UTC 2020

We understand you may have concerns regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus. To
date, the areas of the world most impacted by the virus are outside the
North American region, which NANOG serves.

The NANOG Board of Directors and executive team are closely watching the
latest news reports as information about the virus rapidly changes, and how
this may or may not impact the upcoming conference. There is no information
at this time that suggests we should cancel NANOG 79, but we assure you
we’ll keep the entire NANOG community up to date as information changes,
and we learn more.

In the meantime, we invite you to review some of the latest news on
COVID-19 via the CDC
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html>,
the New York Times
<https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/world/asia/coronavirus-news.html?referringSource=articleShare>,
and Harvard Medical School
<https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/as-coronavirus-spreads-many-questions-and-some-answers-2020022719004>,
which includes common-sense advice on prevention and treatment.

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns at
any time: meetings at nanog.org

Sincerely,
The NANOG Board of Directors + Executive Team