[NANOG-announce] NANOG Women in Tech: A Conversation with Micheala Clifford

NANOG News news at nanog.org
Mon Jul 6 16:16:14 UTC 2020

*"Get as much experience as you can, and make yourself known." *

Though women make up 47 percent of all employed adults in the US, they hold
only 25 percent of computer-science roles, and only 14 percent of software
engineering roles. For women of color, the gap is even wider: Black women
hold only 2 percent of all computing jobs, and Latinx women hold just 1
percent.

There are some truly amazing women in the NANOG community, but we'd love to
see far more. That’s why we work with colleges and universities, affiliate
NOGs, and tech communities to provide greater access to our tools,
resources, and programming across North America, with particular focus on
the education and empowerment of students, women, and people of color.

Our newest series on NANOG TV further explores the stories and career paths
of some of the most exceptional women we know. Watch our first interview,
featuring Micheala Clifford of Netflix, to learn more about her experience
as a woman navigating the world of network engineering.

Watch Now
<https://www.nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/women-tech/a-conversation-with-michaela-clifford/>