[NANOG-announce] 2015 NANOG Elections General Information

Daniel Golding dgolding at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 22:42:44 UTC 2015

Hello NANOG members!

 We are once again approaching the annual NANOG election and appointment
time. In addition to the "call for nominations" message at the opening of
the process, the following is an overview and timeline of the actual
election process. We encourage those in the community who are not currently
NANOG members to consider becoming members of NANOG and to consider
standing for a position in our leadership. Through membership and voting,
you will be an active participant in directing all NANOG activities.

Only NANOG members are eligible to vote and serve in the 2015 election
process. *Click here* <https://www.nanog.org/membership> to become a member
today!

*At the December 15, 2014, NANOG Board meeting, the Board of Directors
voted to extend the term of all current Communications and Program
Committee members through February 2016.  In early January 2015, all
members of the committees agreed to the extension.  Therefore, in this 2015
annual election process, there will be no committee member vacancies. *

Ø  Monday, August 3, 2015 the Call for Board Candidate Nominations begin

Ø  Bylaws discussed, proposed changes explored August 10, 2015

Ø  Board nominations close on September 14, 2015

Ø  Bylaws amendments posted September 21, 2015

Ø  *Voting for the 2015 NANOG Board Candidate Elections will begin on
Monday, October 5, 2015 at 8am ET and close on Wednesday, October 7, 2015
at 12pm ET.* Only NANOG members in good standing are allowed to vote.

ü  ***If you are not a member and wish to vote in this election, your
membership must be received by 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday October 2,
2015.***

Ø  Call for Committee Member Nominations will be on January 1, 2016

Ø  Committee nominations will close on February 1, 2016

*Why?*

If you care about NANOG and think that you would like to take a turn at
volunteering your time to help make it better please consider joining as a
member and running for a position. If you know someone else that you
believe would be interested, nominate them by completing the *Online
Process**.* <https://www.nanog.org/node/http//www.bigoulse.com/signin>
Any questions should be submitted to *elections at nanog.org.*
<elections at nanog.org>

As NANOG continues to evolve, our Board of Directors and Committees will
continue to play an increasingly important role in our success. By joining
now, you can be an integral part of the process.

For more information about the role of a Board of Director or any Committee
Member, or to find out more about what's involved in serving, please
consult the current NANOG Bylaws
<http://nanog.org/sites/default/files/sites/default/files/NANOG-Bylaws-%20October2014.pdf>
or
review the information found at https://www.nanog.org/elections/2015/general.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

*Daniel Golding, ChairFor the NANOG Board of Directors*