[NANOG-announce] 2015 NANOG Election Announcement

Michael K. Smith mksmith at newnog.org
Fri Aug 8 17:35:50 UTC 2014

Hello NANOGers!

We are once again approaching the annual NANOG election and appointment
time. In addition to the Call for Nominations message, the following is an
overview and timeline of the actual election process. We encourage those in
the community who are not currently NANOG Members to consider becoming one
and to consider standing for a position within our leadership. Through
membership and voting, you will be an active participant in directing all
NANOG activities.

Only NANOG members are eligible to vote and serve in the 2014 election
process. Go to https://www.nanog.org/membership/join to become a Member.

If you care about NANOG and think you would like to take a turn at
volunteering your time to help make it better please consider joining as a
member and running for a position. If you know someone else that you
believe would be interested, nominate them by completing the Online Process
at https://www.bigpulse.com/97752/signin.   Any questions should be
submitted to elections at nanog.org.

As NANOG continues to evolve, our Committees will continue to play an
increasingly important role in our success. By joining now, you can be an
integral part of the process.

For more information about the role of any Committee, or to find out more
about what's involved in being a Committee member, please consult the
current NANOG Bylaws or follow the links above to the Committee Member
Responsibilities documents.

Best regards,
Michael K. Smith
On behalf of the NANOG Board of Directors

Election Timeline

Call for Board Member nominations August 8, 2014
Call for Program and Communications Committees nominations August 8, 2014
Bylaws discussed, proposed changes explored August 25, 2014
Board Member nominations close September 17, 2014
Bylaws amendments posted September 15, 2014
Ballot approved September 18, 2014
Voting for the 2014 Board opens at 8:00AM ET October 6, 2014
Program and Communications Committees nominations close at 12:00PM ET October
8, 2014
Voting for the 2014 Board closes at 12:00PM ET October 8, 2014
Board Appointment of New  Committee Members October 8, 2014