[NANOG-announce] 2013 Election Announcement - Committee Member nominations begin this week!
wessels at newnog.org
Mon Sep 9 20:05:54 UTC 2013
Call for Committee Member Nominations
I would like to remind everyone about some important dates for the NANOG Governance and 2013 Election
* September 13, 2013: the nomination process for NANOG Committee Candidates begins.
* September 20, 2013: the nomination process for the NANOG Board of Directors closes.
* September 20, 2013: the final version of proposed Bylaws changes will be posted.
The NANOG Program Committee is a group of sixteen individuals from the NANOG community who together
are responsible for the solicitation and selection of material for NANOG meeting programs.
The NANOG Development Committee is a group of individuals from the NANOG community who together are
responsible for the development and solicitation of NANOG sponsorship programs.
The Communications Committee is a group of individuals from the NANOG community who together are
responsible for the oversight of NANOG's mailing lists and social media sites.
Per the NANOG bylaws, appointed Committee members serve a two-year term. To be eligible for appointment,
an individual must have attended one NANOG conference within the prior calendar year (12 months) and
be a member in good standing. Candidates should have a broad technical knowledge of Internet operations
and be familiar with NANOG meetings. Having constructive opinions and ideas about how NANOG meetings
might be improved is of high value. A willingness to recruit presentations, sponsors, and active
conversation for each meeting is required.
The NANOG Board of Directors is a group of six elected members, ex-officio Committee Chairs, and
NANOG's Executive Director. The Board of Directors works closely with the Committee Chairs to promote,
support, and improve NANOG. The Board is responsible for the selection of the Program Committee, the
Communications Committee, and the Development Committee. The Board is responsible to the members,
ensuring that the NANOG organization remains, open, relevant, useful, and financially sound.
To ensure continuity on the Board, three elected seats out of six become open each year due to the
expiration of 2-year terms.
How do you Nominate?
You can self-nominate. If you care about NANOG's governance and want to take a turn at volunteering
your time and expertise to help make it better:
1. Make sure you are a NANOG member in good standing
2. Submit your Declaration of Candidacy to elections at nanog.org.
You can nominate others:
1. Send their contact information to elections at nanog.org
2. If they accept the nomination, they will be asked to become a NANOG member in good standing
3. They will have to submit their Declaration of Candidacy to elections at nanog.org.
As always, if you have a questions, please email elections at nanog.org.
Thank you for your support, and your participation in the community.
for the NANOG Board
More information about the NANOG-announce