[NANOG-announce] Lightning talk submissions for NANOG50 are now open

Dani Roisman dani.roisman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 20:27:56 UTC 2010

Greetings folks,

A lightning talk is a 10-minute presentation or speech by any attendee
on any topic relevant to the NANOG audience.  If you have a something
that's timely, interesting, or even a crackpot idea you want to share,
we encourage you to consider presenting it.  For those of you aspiring
to give a full talk at a future NANOG, this is a great way to test
drive the podium and get in front of the crowd!

While we've previously had two or three days of lightning talks during
a conference, at NANOG50 we will only be doing lightning talks *one*
day: Tuesday 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM.   The sooner we see yours, the better
the chance to get up on stage to fill one of three openings.

So... you're interested?  Simply visit http://pc.nanog.org/lightning/
and submit your abstract before 5:00PM EST on Monday Oct 4.  While
you're waiting for a response, get your slides ready to go should your
talk be selected.

The Program Committee will vote on all Lightning Talk submissions
onsite at the meeting, and a submitter will be notified about his or
her submission on Monday evening.

See you all in Atlanta next week!

- Dani Roisman (for the NANOG PC)