[Jobs] Network Engineer at Hurricane Electric in Fremont, California
mleber at he.net
Fri Jul 3 04:40:34 UTC 2015
Position Title: Network Engineer
Location: South Bay Area - Fremont, California
Looking for a position at a large, stable, and growing technology company?
Looking to contribute to a team with worldwide reach and impact?
Hurricane Electric seeks a network engineer to join our Operations team
in operating and expanding our global Internet backbone.
Hurricane Electric's Internet backbone network extends throughout North
America, Europe, and Asia.
* Respond to incoming support requests and provide first call resolution
* Provide high-level support and rapid resolution to network problems
* Write scripts for network related needs such as device configuration,
monitoring, regression testing, and reporting
* Utilize your creative mind to create new web based tools and services.
* Answer technical phone calls.
* Respond to customer support emails.
* Install and configure servers.
* Assist in the physical deployment of network devices
* Provide highly skilled technical assistance in completing complex
network planning, engineering, and architecture.
* 5+ years hands-on experience with a multi-site wide area network
running BGP and OSPF or IS-IS
* 5+ years of switching and routing experience. vlans, etc.;
configuration and troubleshooting
* 5+ years of experience engineering and administering networks in a
24x7 production environment
* Experience working with Brocade, Cisco, or Juniper routers and switches
* Hands-on experience with network diagnostic tools such as ping,
traceroute, nslookup, dig, and whois
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Data center and Colo experience
* Solid knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
* Practical knowledge of networking protocols such as: IPv6, ARP, DNS,
DHCP, HTTP, SFTP, SSH, and SNMP
* CCIE, CCNP, BCNE, Network+, Security+, CISSP Certifications a plus
* Extensive knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language
* Must have prior work experience using HTML, SQL, and Linux
* Ability to rapidly learn new software languages, frameworks and APIs
* Possess excellent verbal/written (English) communication skills
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds
* Must have a clean background and be drug-free
* Salary based on experience. Please state salary requirements when you
send us your resume.
* Full Coverage Medical and Dental Insurance
* Paid holidays and vacation
* Bike-friendly culture, in-office bicycle parking
* Commuter Benefits Program
* Health club reimbursement based on attendance
* Stable work environment with a long term employee base
* Responsible self starters who seek out and get work done enjoy alot of
All Shifts Available:
11:00am-7:00pm, 7:00pm-3:00am, 3:00am-11:00am
Please send your resume to mleber at he.net with "NETWORK ENGINEER" in the
subject of your email. Include a note telling us your salary requirements.
More information about the Jobs