[Attendee] Welcome to NANOG 88!

NANOG Support nanog-support at nanog.org
Fri Jun 9 15:00:15 UTC 2023

Hello NANOG 88 Attendees,

Welcome to NANOG 88! The conference host sponsor is AWS
<https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/>, and will take
place 12-14, June, 2023 in Seattle, Washington. Below is the information
you will need to know to participate.

   1.

   Agenda + Time Zone
   2.

   Arrivals + Check-in
   3.

   Social Events
   4.

   Wireless Network Information
   5.

   Meeting email lists + Groups

   -

   Agenda + Time Zone

The NANOG 88 Agenda <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-88/agenda/> is
available on the NANOG website. You can also download the agenda to your
local electronic calendar via an .ics file when you are signed in with your
NANOG Profile.  Be sure to click the heart on the talks you would like to
add to your calendar.

***Please note that the agenda is set in the pacific time zone. If  you
would like to change the time zone, you can do so at the top right hand
side of the agenda.

   -

   Arrivals + check-in

Meeting registration and badge pickup will be located in the Columbia
Prefunction, Level 3, and will be open during the following hours:

   -

   Sunday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
   -

   Monday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
   -

   Tuesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
   -

   Wednesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

   -

   What to expect

Monday - Wednesday

   -

   Network Lounge
   -

      Location: Columbia Foyer, Level 3
      -

      Sponsor: Segra <https://www.segra.com/>
      -

   Espresso Bar
   -

      Location: Columbia Prefunction, Level 3
      -

      Sponsor: QTS <https://www.qtsdatacenters.com/>
      -

   Meet Me Room: Reserve a table in order to make connections and
   collaborate with other NANOG attendees or co-workers. Use the QR code to
   make your reservation - or use this link:
   https://nanog.org/events/nanog-88/spaces/
   -
   -

      Location: Level 3

     Room 301 / premium tables (seats 6) at $100 per hour

     Room 302 / standard tables (seats 4) at $50 per hour

[image: image.png]

* Note: This is the beta release of the software. This tool will ultimately
be integrated into the Appointment Tool. If you encounter any bugs or wish
to suggest additional features, please do so on NANOG's Discourse Community
Forum
<https://community.nanog.org/t/meet-me-room-reservations-alpha-release/57180>

Monday

   -

   DEI Activity - Scavenger Hunt
   -

      Details: Would you like to get to know Seattle and your fellow NANOG
      community members better? Our DEI committee put together a fun activity
      hunt for you to do both!
      -

      Time: 3:30 - 5:00 pm
      -

      Sign up form: https://forms.gle/KEPq9uUZQJWbRHYeA
      -

   Peering Coordination Forum
   -

      Time: 5:00 - 6:30 pm
      -

      Regency Pre Function, Level 7
      -

   NANOG Social
   -

      Time:  7:00 - 10:00 pm
      -

      Location: Gameworks <https://www.gameworks.com/> , 6 min walk from
      the Hyatt Regency Hotel
      -

      A Guest Pass can be purchased for this event by clicking the “Buy
      Passes” button at the top of the event page
      <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-88/>
      -

      Sponsors: Akamai <https://www.akamai.com/>, Iron Mountain
      <https://www.ironmountain.com/>

Tuesday

   -

   DEI Activity - Scavenger Hunt
   -

      Details: Would you like to get to know Seattle and your fellow NANOG
      community members better? Our DEI committee put together a fun activity
      hunt for you to do both!
      -

      Time: 8:00 - 9:30 am
      -

      Sign up form: https://forms.gle/KEPq9uUZQJWbRHYeA
      -

   Beer ‘N Gear
   -

      Tuesday, June 13, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
      -

      Location: Regency Ballroom B, Level 7
      -

      A Guest Pass can be purchased for this event by clicking the “Buy
      Passes” button at the top of the event page
      <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-88/>
      -

      Sponsors: https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-88/our-sponsors/
      <https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-87/our-sponsors/>
      -

   Sponsored Social
   -

      Time: 8:00 - 10:00 pm
      -

      Location: Spin Seattle <https://wearespin.com/location/seattle/>
      -

      1511 6th Avenue, Seattle
      -

      Registration Required: https://spinsocialinseattle.splashthat.com/
      Max attendance is 400
      -

      Sponsors: Arelion <https://spinsocialinseattle.splashthat.com/>, H5
      Data Centers <https://h5datacenters.com/>, IPv4 Global
      <https://ipv4.global/>, Shoc Networks <https://www.shocnetworks.com/>,
      Ziply Fiber <https://ziplyfiber.com/>

   -

   Wireless network(s)

Complimentary Basic Internet access is available to those that have booked
within the NANOG room block.  Access instructions will be provided upon
check-in at the hotel.

The following SSIDs are available for all attendees in conference rooms and
common areas:

Wireless SSIDs:

NANOG > WPA3 secured (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz & 6Ghz)

Pre-Shared Key Encryption with WPA3 Enhancements - NANOG will no longer use
802.1X Encryption

PSK: nanognanog

NANOG-legacy > Open, unencrypted network (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz)

NANOG-v6Only > Open, unencrypted network (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz)

No IPv4 Services, everything is IPv6 Only

NANOG-OWE > Open, Opportunistic Wifi Encryption (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz)

Clients that support OWE will encrypt, other clients will be unencrypted

Please feel free to contact our network team with questions at
nanog-eng at nanog.org. <NANOG-Eng at nanog.org>

   -

   Meeting email lists

NANOG 88 attendees are automatically subscribed to attendee at nanog.org, a
moderated list used to support communication with other attendees about
meeting activities. If you unsubscribed from the list, you can re-subscribe
at http://mailman.nanog.org/mailman/listinfo/attendee

If you need help, or have a comment or suggestion regarding meeting
operations, please send us an email at nanog-support at nanog.org.

   -

   Affinity Groups

Looking for a way to connect with our community? Make new friends via our
Community Forum Affinity Groups! <https://community.nanog.org/> Login using
your NANOG account.

The NANOG Community Forum is a digital space that inspires community
building, fosters mentorship, and provides ongoing support for students and
professionals in Internet technology.

A few affinity groups available:

   -

   Coffee <https://community.nanog.org/c/coffee/37>
   -

   Diversity in Tech <https://community.nanog.org/c/diversity-tech/35>
   Security <https://community.nanog.org/c/security/48>
   -

   Walking <https://community.nanog.org/c/walking/41>
   -

   Women in Tech <https://community.nanog.org/c/women-in-tech/33>
   -

   Yoga <https://community.nanog.org/c/yoga/43>

Best wishes for safe travels to NANOG 88. We look forward to seeing you in
person or online.

Sincerely,

NANOG Staff