[Attendee] Welcome to NANOG 87 - Sunday Edition

NANOG Support nanog-support at nanog.org
Sun Feb 12 14:00:34 UTC 2023

Dear NANOG 87 Attendees –

As we get ready to kick-off NANOG 87, sponsored by Path Network
<https://path.net/>, <https://quantumloophole.com> here are a few reminders
for today, Sunday, February 12, 2023.

On-site registration and badge pick-up for NANOG 87 is open this afternoon
from 4:00pm - 6:00pm EST in the Atrium Foyer.

NANOG 87 Hackathon - Hackathon began on Friday, February 3rd and will continue
today in hybrid format - participate via Zoom, or at the conference venue
in 706-707, Atrium Level. The Hackathon welcome, introduction,
infrastructure tutorial, idea-pitching, and team-forming session was held
over Zoom. You can view that session here
<https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-87-hackathon/>.  Yesterday was the
official start of the hacking via Zoom and Slack. Even if you are not
participating in the Hackathon, we encourage you to attend the team
presentations starting at 4:30pm EST, either via Zoom
<https://nanog.zoom.us/j/85348273902?pwd=T2NUc3pHL0xGY2FwSGY1Ty9Qa1dRdz09>
or in 706-707, Atrium Level rooms, as you are able.

Lightning Talks - The Program Committee has begun accepting Lightning Talk
submissions for 10-minute speaking slots to be presented in-person on
Tuesday, 14-Feb, and Wednesday, 15-Feb.

A lightning talk is a very short presentation/speech by any attendee
attending in person on any topic relevant to the NANOG audience. These are
limited to ten minutes; this will be strictly enforced. If you have a topic
that's timely and interesting, we encourage you to consider presenting it.

Please submit an abstract
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/submit-lightning-talk/>. The submission
deadline is Tuesday, February 14, 3:00 pm EST. You will be notified by text
message if you have been selected the evening prior to your scheduled
presentation.

The Sunday Agenda follows (all times listed in EST):

Time:                              Event:
                                                Location:

08:30 - 17:00 EST
NANOG 87 Hackathon

706 - 707, Atrium Level

10:00 - 16:00 EST
NANOG Education Class: Exploring the Fundamentals of DNS Can You Dig It?

703 - 704, Atrium Level

16:00 - 18:00 (EST)
Sunday Meeting Registration Atrium Foyer

Tomorrow, NANOG 87 officially kicks off! Registration opens at 8:00am in
the Atrium Foyer. Breakfast will be served from 8:00am-9:45am in the Atrium
Ballroom A. Wishing you a great NANOG!