[Attendee] Welcome to NANOG 86 - Sunday Edition

NANOG Support nanog-support at nanog.org
Sun Oct 16 16:27:46 UTC 2022

Dear NANOG 86 Attendees –

As we get ready to kick-off NANOG 86, sponsored by Netflix
<https://www.netflix.com>, here are a few reminders for today, Sunday,
October 16, 2022.

On-site registration and badge pick-up for NANOG 86 is open this afternoon
from 4:00pm - 6:00pm pacific in Ray Dolby Ballroom, level 5.

NANOG 86 Hackathon - Hackathon began on Friday, October 7 and will continue
today in hybrid format - participate via Zoom, or at the conference venue
in Hollywood Studio ABC, mezzanine level. The Hackathon welcome,
introduction, infrastructure tutorial, idea-pitching, and team-forming
session was held over Zoom. You can view that session here
<https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-86-hackathon/>.  Yesterday was the
official start of the hacking via Zoom and Slack. Even if you are not
participating in the Hackathon, we encourage you to attend the team
presentations starting at 4:00pm PDT, either via Zoom
<https://nanog.zoom.us/j/84695528395?pwd=U1FnS2RnQVJ0VjdUN2JCcFJvOUhTUT09>
or in Hollywood Studio ABC, as you are able.

Lightning Talks - The Program Committee has begun accepting Lightning Talk
submissions for 7-10 minute speaking slots to be presented in-person on
Tuesday, October 18 or Wednesday, October 19.

A lightning talk is a very short presentation/speech by any attendee
attending in person on any topic relevant to the NANOG audience. These are
limited to ten minutes; this will be strictly enforced. If you have a topic
that's timely and interesting, we encourage you to consider presenting it.

Please submit an abstract
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/submit-lightning-talk/>. The submission
deadline is Tuesday, October 18, 6:00 pm PDT. You will be notified by text
message if you have been selected the evening before your presentation.

The Sunday Agenda follows (all times listed in PDT):

Time:                              Event:
                                                Location:

10:00am - 5:00pm

Team Hacking

Hollywood Studio ABC

10:00am - 4:00pm
DNS Fundamentals class

Solano

12:30pm
Lunch for Hackathon + DNS  participants

Hollywood Studio ABC

3:30pm
Break/Refreshments for Hackathon participants

Hollywood Studio ABC

4:00pm - 6:00pm

NANOG 86 Registration / Badge Pick up

Ray Dolby Ballroom - Salon 3

5:00pm

Hackathon Team Presentations

Hollywood Studio ABC

6:00 - 9:00pm

NANOG 86 Kick off Reception
*Registration required <https://go.edgeconnex.com/bwp_hollywood_2022>

Loews Hotel Pool Terrace

Tomorrow, NANOG 86 officially kicks off! Registration opens at 8:30am in
Ray Dolby 3.

Wishing you a great NANOG!