[Attendee] Welcome to NANOG 85 - Sunday Edition

NANOG Support nanog-support at nanog.org
Sun Jun 5 15:47:20 UTC 2022

Dear NANOG 85 Attendees –

As we get ready to kick-off NANOG 85, sponsored by Team Cymru
<https://team-cymru.com/community-services/nimbus-threat-monitor/>,
<https://quantumloophole.com> here are a few reminders for today, Sunday,
June 5, 2022.

On-site registration and badge pick-up for NANOG 85 is open this afternoon
from 4:00pm - 6:00pm EDT in Square Victoria, level 2.

NANOG 85 Hackathon - Hackathon began on Friday, June 3rd and will continue
today in hybrid format - participate via Zoom, or at the conference venue
in AV. Duluth + AV. Van Horne rooms, level 2. The Hackathon welcome,
introduction, infrastructure tutorial, idea-pitching, and team-forming
session was held over Zoom. You can view that session here
<https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-85-hackathon/>.  Yesterday was the
official start of the hacking via Zoom and Slack. Even if you are not
participating in the Hackathon, we encourage you to attend the team
presentations starting at 4:00pm EDT, either via Zoom
<https://nanog.zoom.us/j/87968651247?pwd=MXVGNjdyR3h6cDNZMC96QUdVUm1jZz09>
or in AV. Duluth + AV. Van Horne rooms, as you are able.

Lightning Talks - The Program Committee has begun accepting Lightning Talk
submissions for 10-minute speaking slots to be presented in-person on
Wednesday, June 8.

A lightning talk is a very short presentation/speech by any attendee
attending in person on any topic relevant to the NANOG audience. These are
limited to ten minutes; this will be strictly enforced. If you have a topic
that's timely and interesting, we encourage you to consider presenting it.

Please submit an abstract
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/submit-lightning-talk/>. The submission
deadline is Tuesday, June 7, 6:00 pm EDT. You will be notified by text
message if you have been selected the evening of June 7th.

The Sunday Agenda follows (all times listed in EST):

Time:                              Event:
                                                Location:

9:00am - 5:00pm

Team Hacking

Av. Duluth + Av. Van Horne

9:00am - 10:00am

Breakfast for Hackathon participants

Av. Duluth + Av. Van Horne

12:30pm
Lunch for Hackathon participants

Av. Duluth + Av. Van Horne

3:00pm
Break/Refreshments for Hackathon participants

Av. Duluth + Av. Van Horne

5:00pm

Hackathon Team Presentations

Av. Duluth + Av. Van Horne

Tomorrow, NANOG 85 officially kicks off! Registration opens at 8:30am in Square
Victoria, level 2. Breakfast will be served from 8:30am-9:45am in Square
Dorchester, Level 2.  Wishing you a great NANOG!