[Attendee] Welcome to NANOG 84 - Sunday Edition

NANOG Support nanog-support at nanog.org
Sun Feb 13 18:05:12 UTC 2022

Dear NANOG 84 Attendees –

As we get ready to kick-off NANOG 84, sponsored by Quantum Loophole,
<https://quantumloophole.com> here are a few reminders for today, Sunday,
February 13, 2022.

NANOG 84 takes place at the Austin Marriott Downtown, located at 304 E.
Cesar Chavez St. Austin, TX 78701. The phone number is (512) 457-1111.  If
you are not joining us in person, we look forward to interacting with you
via our web platform.

On-site registration and badge pick-up for NANOG 84 is open this afternoon
from 4:00pm - 6:00pm CST in the MoonTower Hall, level 2.

NANOG 84 Hackathon continues today in hybrid format - participate via Zoom,
or at the conference venue in room 603, level 6. The Hackathon began on
Friday, February 4th, where the Hackathon welcome, introduction,
infrastructure tutorial, idea-pitching, and team-forming session was held
over Zoom. You can view that session here
<https://www.nanog.org/events/nanog-84-hackathon/>.  Yesterday was the
official start of the hacking via Zoom and Slack. Even if you are not
participating in the Hackathon, we encourage you to attend the team
presentations starting at 4:00pm CST, either via Zoom
<https://nanog.zoom.us/j/87968651247?pwd=MXVGNjdyR3h6cDNZMC96QUdVUm1jZz09>
or in room 603, as you are able.

Lightning Talks are back! The Program Committee has begun accepting
Lightning Talk submissions for 10-minute speaking slots to be presented
in-person on Wednesday, February 16.

A lightning talk is a very short presentation/speech by any attendee on any
topic relevant to the NANOG audience. These are limited to ten minutes;
this will be strictly enforced. If you have a topic that's timely and
interesting, we encourage you to consider presenting it.

Please submit an abstract
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/submit-lightning-talk/>. The submission
deadline is Tuesday, February 15, 6:00pm CST. You will be notified by text
message  if you have been selected the evening of February 15.

The Sunday Agenda follows (all times listed in CST):

Time:                              Event:
                                                Location:

8:30am - 5:00pm

Breakfast for NANOG Hackathon participants*

Room 603

8:30am - 12:30pm

Team Hacking

Room 603

12:30pm
Lunch for Hackathon participants*

Room 603

3:00pm
Break/Refreshments*

Room 603

4:00pm

Hackathon Team Presentations

Room 603

5:00pm - 5:30pm

Hackathon Reception* * Hackathon Attendees Only

Level 6, outside Room 603

Tomorrow, NANOG 84 officially kicks off! Registration opens at 8:30am in
MoonTower Hall, level 2. Breakfast will be served from 8:30am-9:45am in
MoonTower Hall, Level 2.  Wishing you (another) great NANOG!

Sincerely,

NANOG Staff