[Attendee] Welcome to NANOG 78!

NANOG Support nanog-support at nanog.org
Thu Feb 6 17:48:38 UTC 2020

Dear NANOG 78 Attendees:

Welcome to NANOG 78! The conference host sponsor is Fastly, and will take place at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco. We’re expecting strong attendance, with 1,001 individuals registered for the meeting as of this email. Based on our registration data, 261 people have indicated they’re attending a NANOG meeting for the first time. Of those attending, 267 are also NANOG Members. We hope the following information helps you get the most out of your NANOG 78 experience.

Agenda
The NANOG 78 Agenda <https://nanog.org/meetings/nanog-78/agenda/> is now available on the NANOG website. You can also download the agenda to your local electronic calendar via an .ics file, or subscribe to the URL: https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-78/agenda.ics <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-78/agenda.ics>
Faster, more convenient check-in
At NANOG 78 meeting registration, we will  have self-serve kiosks for more efficient check-in. It is quick and easy: be sure to save the barcode you receive when registering online, and enter it at the kiosk when you arrive in San Francisco to get your badge. Forgot your code? No problem! You can also check-in with your email address. And the NANOG registration team will be onsite to answer any questions, or assist you if needed.

Meeting registration will be located in the Grand Ballroom Foyer of the Hyatt Regency, and will be open during the following hours:
• Sunday: 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
• Monday - Wednesday: 7:30 am to 5:00 pm

Please be advised, wearing your name badge during the meeting is a requirement at all times for security purposes. Name badges are non-transferrable.

Identifying Badge Colors
While at NANOG 78, you can easily identify the following individuals by colored badges:
• Staff – Purple Badge
• Member  – Blue Badge
• Non-Member  – Green Badge
• Premium Sponsor – Red Badge
• Meeting Sponsor – Orange Badge

NANOG membership
NANOG membership is optional, however we encourage you to consider joining. As a member, meeting registrants will receive:
Discounted meeting registration
Individual Photo sessions
The ability to vote and set the direction of NANOG during elections

If you have questions regarding NANOG membership <https://nanog.org/participate/membership/>, or need assistance, please contact member-support at nanog.org <mailto:member-support at nanog.org>. If you become a NANOG member during the conference, be sure to stop by registration and pick up a membership badge.

NANOG sponsorship
Sponsorship opportunities are currently available for all future NANOG meetings. If you have questions regarding sponsorship opportunities,  <https://nanog.org/participate/types-sponsorship/>or need assistance, please contact sponsor-support at nanog.org <mailto:sponsor-support at nanog.org>. We extend a special thank you to the NANOG 78 Sponsors <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-78/our-sponsors/>.

NANOG 78 surveys
Daily survey giveaways will be drawn each day. Complete the daily survey each day to enter the drawing for a $100 gift card.

Wireless network(s)
Hotel guest room Internet access utilizing the hotel wireless infrastructure is offered free of charge.  Access instructions will be provided upon check-in at the hotel.

The following 2 SSIDs are available for all attendees in conference rooms and common areas:
Wireless SSIDs:
NANOG > 802.1X secured (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz)
User: nanog
Pass: nanog
NANOG-legacy > Open, unencrypted network (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz)
Send email to nanog-eng at nanog.org <mailto:nanog-eng at nanog.org> should you need assistance

The NANOG conference network is geared for high availability and demonstrating industry best practices. Please note: while there is encryption offered by 802.1x, it is no replacement for the end-to-end security offered by IPsec, SSL, SSH or similar VPN technology.

The Network Operations Office is located in Regency A. Please feel free to contact our network team with questions at nanog-eng at nanog.org. <mailto:NANOG-Eng at nanog.org>
Meeting email lists
NANOG 78 attendees are subscribed to attendee at nanog.org <mailto:attendee at nanog.org>, a moderated list used to support communication with other attendees about meeting activities. If you unsubscribed from the list, you can re-subscribe at: http://mailman.nanog.org/mailman/listinfo/attendee <http://mailman.nanog.org/mailman/listinfo/attendee>
If you need help, or have a comment or suggestion regarding meeting operations, please send us an email at nanog-support at nanog.org <mailto:nanog-support at nanog.org>.

Best wishes for good travel to NANOG 78, and see you in San Francisco!

Sincerely,

NANOG Staff