[Attendee] Welcome to NANOG 77!

NANOG Support nanog-support at nanog.org
Wed Oct 23 17:18:31 UTC 2019

Dear NANOG 77 Attendees:

Welcome to NANOG 77! The conference is hosted by Extreme Networks, and will
take place at the JW Marriott Austin. We’re expecting strong attendance,
with 1,022 individuals registered for the meeting as of this email. Based
on our registration data, 259 people have indicated they’re attending a
NANOG meeting for the first time. Of those attending, 305 are also NANOG
Members. We hope the following information helps you get the most out of
your NANOG 77 experience.

Agenda

The NANOG 77 Agenda <https://nanog.org/meetings/nanog-77/nanog-77-agenda/>
is now available on the NANOG website and Guidebook
<https://guidebook.com/getit/> mobile app. You can also download the agenda
to your local electronic calendar via an .ics file, or subscribe to the

To learn more about other events taking place during NANOG 77, please see
our social event
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-77/social-information/> schedule.

Faster, more convenient check-in

You asked, we listened. Starting with NANOG 77, we’ll have self-serve
kiosks at conference registration, for more efficient check-in. It's quick
and easy: just be sure to save the barcode you receive when registering
online, and enter it at the kiosk when you arrive in Austin to get your
badge. Forgot your code? No problem! You can also check-in with your email
address. And the NANOG registration team will be onsite to answer any
questions, or assist you if needed.

Meeting registration will be located in the Lone Star Foyer of the JW
Marriott, and will be open during the following hours:

• Sunday: 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm

• Monday - Wednesday: 7:30 am to 5:00 pm

Please be advised, wearing your name badge during the meeting is a
requirement at all times for security purposes. Name badges are
non-transferrable.

NANOG membership

NANOG membership is optional, however we encourage you to consider joining.
As a member, meeting registrants will receive:

   -

   Discounted meeting registration
   -

   Photo sessions
   -

   The ability to vote and set the direction of NANOG during elections

If you have questions regarding NANOG membership
<https://nanog.org/participate/membership/>, or need assistance, please
contact member-support at nanog.org. If you become a NANOG member during the
conference, be sure to stop by registration and pick up a membership badge.

NANOG sponsorship

Sponsorship opportunities are currently available for all future NANOG
meetings. If you have questions regarding sponsorship opportunities,
<https://nanog.org/participate/types-sponsorship/>or need assistance,
please contact sponsor-support at nanog.org. We extend a special thank you to
the NANOG 77 Sponsors
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-77/our-sponsors/>.

NANOG 77 surveys

Daily survey giveaways will be drawn each day. Complete the daily survey
each day to enter the drawing for a Tumi Laptop Backpack, Robotic Vacuum or
Bose wireless headphones.

Wireless network(s)

Hotel guest room Internet access utilizing the hotel wireless
infrastructure is offered free of charge.  Access instructions will be
provided upon check-in at the hotel.

The following 2 SSIDs are available for all attendees in conference rooms
and common areas:

Wireless SSIDs:

   -

   NANOG-ARIN > 802.1X secured (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz)
   -

      User: nanog
      -

      Pass: nanog
      -

   NANOG-ARIN-legacy > Open, unencrypted network (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz)
   -

   Send email to nanog-eng at nanog.org should you need assistance

The NANOG conference network is geared for high availability and
demonstrating industry best practices. Please note: while there is
encryption offered by 802.1x, it is no replacement for the end-to-end
security offered by IPsec, SSL, SSH or similar VPN technology.

The Network Operations Office is located in Meeting Room 302. Please feel
free to contact our network team with questions at nanog-eng at nanog.org.
<NANOG-Eng at nanog.org>

Meeting email lists

NANOG 77 attendees are subscribed to attendee at nanog.org, a moderated list
used to support communication with other attendees about meeting
activities. If you unsubscribed from the list, you can re-subscribe at:

If you need help, or have a comment or suggestion regarding meeting
operations, please send us an email at nanog-support at nanog.org.

Best wishes for good travel to NANOG 77, and see you in Austin!

Sincerely,

NANOG Staff