[Attendee] Input sought on possible operational changes to SWIPS contemplated in proposed ARIN policy

Christian Tacit ctacit at tacitlaw.com
Mon Oct 1 18:39:40 UTC 2018

Dear NANOG Community Members,

Many ISPs are present at NANOG who perform a lot of SWIPs. ARIN is in the process of evaluating a proposed policy that could change the operational processes around this activity.

We need some help to evaluate the technical soundness of the policy.

In particular, we are seeking input on the following two questions:

  *   If your organization uses automation to generate detailed customer reassignment SWIPs, would it make the appropriate system changes necessary to continue performing detailed reassignments if RDP 2017-12 is adopted?

  *   If the answer to the first questions is "yes", what amount of reasonable lead time, if any, would your organization require before implementation of RDP 2017-12 to allow your organization to manage this change?

A few of my AC colleagues and I are available between 10:00 AM and noon, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM on each of Monday and Tuesday at NANOG 74 in Vancouver in the Oxford Room to receive feedback.

Finally, David Farmer and I (who are co-shepherds of the proposed policy) will be present throughout NANOG 74 and ARIN 42, as will a number of other AC members, so please feel free to approach any of us to provide your feedback as well.

Thank you.

Chris Tacit