[Attendee] Welcome to NANOG 57

Betty Burke <[email protected]> betty at newnog.org
Sat Feb 2 23:09:10 UTC 2013

Dear NANOG 57 Attendees,

We look forward to seeing you at NANOG 57, hosted by CyrusOne, February
4-6, at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld. We are expecting strong
attendance, with over 414 registered attendees to date. This message
contains information and brief reminders to help you prepare for the
meeting.

*Agenda*
An abbreviated pocket copy will be provided with your name badge. The
agenda is subject to change as we get closer to the meeting, the complete
updated agenda is available at:
http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog57/agenda.php

*Check-in*
Meeting registration is in the Reception Foyer. When you arrive at the
meeting, please check in at the NANOG registration desk to pick up your
name badge, t-shirt, registration tote, and other important handouts.

The registration desk will be open during the following hours:
Sunday 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Monday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

*Community Meeting*
We invite you to attend and participate in the NANOG Community Meeting on
Monday, February 4, from 6:00-6:30 p.m. in the Crystal Ballroom A-C. The
Community Meeting, hosted by the NANOG Board, is an important opportunity
to learn about organizational updates and communicate with the Board and
other NANOG committees.

*Breakfast*
Continental breakfast for all attendees is available on Monday 8:30-9:00
a.m. and a Power breakfast is available on Tuesday and Wednesday from
8:30-9:30 a.m. in Atrium C and D.

*Newcomers Lunch*
If this is your first NANOG meeting, you are encouraged to attend the
Newcomers Lunch with Old Timers (Meet and greet the NANOG community and
start socializing) at 12:30 p.m. Monday in the Crystal Ballroom D/E, where
Board, committee members and other long-time NANOGers will talk about the
organization, the meetings, and how to make the best use of both. Please
plan to attend where you will learn more about NANOG and how to get the
most out of your first meeting.

*Attendee Welcome Lunch*
Join us on Monday at 12:30 p.m. for our Attendee Welcome Lunch in Atrium C
& D. Meet and greet with the NANOG community before the general sessions
officially start!

*Sponsors*
Please join us in thanking the NANOG57 meeting host, contributors, and
sponsors for their generosity in support of the NANOG community;
http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog57/sponsors.html

*Socials*
We are pleased to remind you of the following special opportunities to
gather outside the formal meeting;

Monday, February 4th, from 7:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. CyrusOne is hosting a
Welcome Social at SeaWorld Key West/Manta.  Full Dinner and social activity
is planned just for NANOG.

Tuesday, February 5th, is the ever famous NANOG Beer n’ Gear reception will
be held in Crystal Ballroom D&E from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Wednesday, February 6th, from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Akamai is hosting “A
Drink on the Edge” in the hotel.

*Wireless Network*
Information can be found here;
http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog57/internetaccess.html

*In-room Internet Access*
If you are staying at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld under the NANOG
group rate, in-room Internet access is complimentary. When you check in,
the hotel should provide you with instructions for complimentary usage.

*Committee Members*
The members of the NANOG committees can be identified by the ribbon color
of their badge:
NANOG Board of Directors – Red Ribbon
Program Committee – White Ribbon
Newcomer – Teal Ribbon
Development and Communications Committees – Blue Ribbon
NANOG Staff – Red-colored Badge

*Local Attractions and travel links*
We have brochures about local transportation including Trolley service to
nearby restaurants and shopping, as well as shuttles to attractions such as
SeaWorld by the registration table.

Additional information can be found at:
http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog57/inandaround.html

The Renaissance Orlando Resort is conveniently located only 12 miles from
the Orlando International Airport ($35-$40 approximate cab fare) with
Shuttle Service available by reservation.

*Meeting Email Lists*
You may use the list attendees at nanog.org to communicate with other
attendees about meeting activities. Messages sent to that list will go to
all other attendees who were registered to the list during registration.

If you need help or have a comment or suggestion for the staff helping to
operate the meeting, please send email to nanog-support at nanog.org. We hope
this information is helpful in your preparations.

*Luggage Storage/ Check-out*
Fot those of you departing on Wednesday afternoon, we will set up a luggage
storage area in Atrium C/D.

See you in Orlando!

NANOG Board and NANOG Registration and Support Staff

--
Betty Burke
NANOG Executive Director