[Attendee] Yestarday presentations

Dani Roisman droisman at softlayer.com
Tue Oct 23 21:47:29 UTC 2012

Greetings folks,

I wanted to add a bit to Dave's answer, as well as provide information about the tracks / lightning talks.

We try and solicit all final presentation material in advance of the conference session start, in order to get them up on the web in time for the presentations themselves.  However, in the case of lightning talks (which are only solicited the night before), last minute changes, or multi-participant tracts, materials are handed in during the conference.

Our staff which normally maintains the website switches into "run the conference" mode this week, and are focused on the logistics on-site.  Their commitment is to true-up all slides with the actual versions presented, as well as lightning talks, within a week after the conference ends.  The good news is that for NANOG 57, we are improving this process, and the program committee members will be performing the same-day updates.  My expectation is that we will be able to get all talks up before the talks begin moving forward.

Typically with tracks the slides are not released to be published in our archives, and most content is generated from the verbal discussion.

----
Dani Roisman
VP, Network Operations
droisman at softlayer.com