[Attendee] Question about Mark Koster's ARIN presentation

Sandra Murphy sandy at sparta.com
Wed Jun 17 16:49:34 UTC 2009

I stood up to ask a question, but before I got to the end of the table,
the session chair was saying "OK, thanks, Mark".  I guess I'm just too
short.

So this question is for Mark Kosters, and I'm asking here so the
audience gets to hear/see the answers:

The presentation said that you would be doing a lot of work to improve the
IRR.  The last I asked, the ARIN IRR did not support the RPSS (Routing
Policy System Security - RFC2725).  RIPE supports this, I know.  Will the
improvements include support for the RPSS?

The presentation talked about the RPKI pilot, and Mark said that they'd be
using the RIPE code.  I believe RIPE has had a couple of different
attempts at this, so I'm not sure what features the code you use will
have.  Will you have the ability to hand certs to ISPs so that they can so
their own cert generation for the allocations they hand to customers?
(I.e., is ARIN going to just run a service for its members or will it
enable growth of the RPKI tree below it?)

--Sandy