N91 Women mixer on Sunday?

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Sat Mar 30 08:28:50 UTC 2024

On 3/29/24 21:48, Matthew Petach wrote:

> I'm with Randy Bush on this.  The stakeholders in that event should
> have the say in what happens with it; not the rest of us.

While I agree that women would know best how they want to socialize for
their own interests, I don't think that men engaging in this discussion
means they are necessarily prescribing how women should do that. All I
have seen so far are opinions and suggestions to a concern the OP
raised, not dictation on what will eventually happen.

> Those of us old white males need to check our privilege, and recognize
> that we've *been* having "mixers" for decades.
> We don't need to put a stake in the ground and push for our equality;
> we've already been on the beneficiary side of the
> inequality for decades.

I also do not think that male guilt is necessary for women to achieve
good outcomes in our shared industry. A complimentary working
relationship could be remarkably more productive, than not.

Mark.