N91 Women mixer on Sunday?

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Fri Mar 29 17:20:01 UTC 2024

On 3/29/24 18:23, Tom Beecher wrote:

> My recollection is that every WiT lunch was always open to all. Happy
> to be corrected if any were that I don't recall.
>
> There were definitely a few meetings during my PC years that someone
> complained that men were not allowed to attend. If my memory serves me
> correctly, we at one point were asking session moderators to remind
> people of this in general session for a while too. For some meetings,
> a few of us were standing at the doors telling people who asked that
> men were allowed to attend that if they would like.

I can't remember which year it was, but my recollection was hearing the
complaints from the men that were upset during the evening social.
Admittedly, I did not hear this from what I would term "the majority of
men" at that specific meeting, so it would be disingenuous to state,
with any authority, that this is how the majority of men felt/feel about
the WiT lunch.

Having said all that, for the avoidance of doubt (and as Tina has
already indicated for NANOG 91), it might be worth mentioning, before
and throughout the conference, that while it is a WiT lunch, all
attendees are welcome to join if that is, indeed, the intended format.

Mark.